The RASINSKI District expands in the central part of the Republic. It encompasses the
municipalities of: Varvarin, Trstenik, Cicevac, Krusevac, Aleksandrovac and Brus. It has
a population of 296,690. Seat of the District is in the city of Krusevac.
Krusevac and its vicinity are distinguished by numerous historic monuments:
The Lazar's Town, with the remnants of the medieval fortification and the Lazarica
Church has an epic quality in the Serb tradition. The Lazarica Church, built in 1376 on
the occasion of Stephan's son birth, and dedicated to St. Stephen, is the model of the
A Donjon Tower, the military fortification of the medieval castle, bears witness of the
great cultural and historic heritage of the Serb people.
The Monastery of Ljubostinja was founded by Princess Milica, Lazar's wife, in the late
fourteenth and early fifteenth century, after the Battle of Kosovo, when she made a
decision on her withdrawal as a ruler, and on assemblying the widows of the Serb
gentry killed at the Kosovo. From its first days the Ljubostinja plaid an important part in
culture. Distinguished chroniclers, engrossers, book design masters, and painters were
asked to come here.
In the economy of this region prevails chemical industry: "Merima, "Miloje Zakic", and
Also prominent are the "14 oktobar" a giant company from Krusevac in the sector of
metal industry, and the "Crvena zastava" in the sector of timber and wood industry.
District Seat ADDRESS
37000 Krusevac, 1 Pana Djukica
Tel./Fax: 037- 29 795, 39 962